One Week (SAO)

 Morning, Caty. It's been one week today since I said goodbye to you. It feels like just yesterday. I still carry the pain and it will be awhile before I can think about you without getting emotional. You were my companion, my best friend, my therapist when I went through worlds of hurt. I could always count on you. And you never failed me, not once. You gave me unconditional love and loyalty. Our relationship was the best relationship I have ever experienced. You never hurt me and never betrayed me. You stuck by my side, forever loyal. It’s no wonder that I am left with a significant void.  I find it difficult to believe that you are really gone. I find myself having to look at the spot where your food and water bowls were to get confirmation. Or I look at the spots where your houses were and I am painfully reminded that you are actually gone. Everyone tells me we did the right thing in choosing euthanasia so you could rest peacefully. In looking up the meaning, I read that the word euthanasia is derived from the Greek euthanatos, which translates as "good death."  While it's a compassionate, loving alternative to prolonged suffering, I will never forget your face when you went to sleep. It is forever burned in my memory.  Rest in peace Catarina. I will continue to sing, "Caty Waty Brady is so very, extraordinary."  And always will be. 

Comments

Popular Posts